WHAT IS A REMORTGAGE?
A remortgage is when you change your mortgage without moving home. This is done by paying off the original mortgage with the proceeds of the new mortgage and using the same property as security.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE REMORTGAGING
Most mortgages have an Early Repayment Charge (ERC) that is most commonly applied during the initial benefit period. Remortgaging during this timeframe can trigger those costs and it could be thousands of pounds. Before proceeding with a remortgage, you should ask yourself the following:
- Is there an ERC on your current mortgage?
- How much is the ERC?
- When does the ERC finish?
- How much do you owe your current lender?
WHY USE KEVIN HENRY TO REMORTGAGE?
- We are able to compare mortgage products from our panel of lenders to find you the right mortgage*.
- We regularly review our panel of lenders to ensure we do not have any gaps in the market.
- We have strong working relationships with our panel of lenders, meaning we sometimes have access to exclusive products that would not be available if you were to go to the lender direct.
- We will look at your options in regards to protection to ensure you have adequate cover in place should you be unable to pay your mortgage.
- We can also help you arrange insurance for your home and contents.
HOW TO APPLY:
Simply make an appointment with our experienced Mortgage Consultant who will recommend a mortgage product based on your circumstances*. They will then submit the application to the lender with certified copies of your documents (to prove they have seen the originals) and details of your property.
Get in touch to find out how we can help you with your remortgage.
* subject to status and lender criteria
A BROKER FEE MAY BE PAYABLE UPON MORTGAGE APPLICATION AS WELL AS AN ADMINISTRATION FEE. THE TOTAL FEE PAYABLE WILL DEPEND ON YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES. YOUR MORTGAGE CONSULTANT WILL EXPLAIN ANY FEES APPLICABLE IN YOUR INITIAL APPOINTMENT.
YOUR HOME OR PROPERTY MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
YOU MAY HAVE TO PAY AN EARLY REPAYMENT CHARGE TO YOUR EXISTING LENDER IF YOU RE-MORTGAGE.
Kevin Henry Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 05758694, Registered Office is Cumbria House, 16-20 Hockliffe Street, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 1GN. VAT Registration Number is 500 2481 05.
For activities relating to regulated mortgages and non-investment insurance contracts, Kevin Henry is a trading name of Sharman Quinney Holdings Limited, an appointed representative of Connells Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Connells Limited’s Financial Services Register number is 302221.